Inquisitor bloggers wanted

Posted by petebiddlecombe on June 8th, 2009

petebiddlecombe.

One of our four Inquisitor bloggers has just asked to stop. If there are any Inquisitor solvers out there willing to join the blogging team, let me know by sending an email to: inquisitor[at]biddlecombe.demon.co.uk

It’s only fair to warn you that the writing the report may take you up to two hours in addition to your solving time. If you’re the only new volunteer, this will happen once every four weeks. A bit of HTML knowledge comes in handy.

Thanks in advance to any volunteers.

8 Responses to “Inquisitor bloggers wanted”

1. Mike Laws says:

It would be inappropriate for me to volunteer, and I’m not HTML-savvy anyway, but I’ll happily supply any future or current IQ-bloggers with elucidation if they want it before they post, if that’s any help.

2. Peter Biddlecombe says:

Thanks Mike (for those who don’t know, Mike is the editor of the Inquisitor puzzles).

3. nmsindy says:

I do not know what HTML-savvy means, but, unless I am just that without realising it, I’ve had no problems posting very many blogs on this Board, so don’t let that put anyone off from volunteering, I’d say.

4. Colin Blackburn says:

I would say, as the retiring Inquisitor blogger, that a little more idea of how to use HTML tables, emphasis or color (sic) can be useful for the advanced cryptics. Highlighting extra letters or having an extra column, say, can help in clarifying clues where misprints, extra letters and extra words are commonplace. However, I’m sure there are other ways to approach the explanations and, as they say, it’s not rocket science. Anyone who can solve the Inquisitor can almost certainly post a blog!

5. nmsindy says:

Yes, that explains it, I’m not sure I’d be able to do that and some of the IQ bloggers have set high standards, but I guess, while maybe not as elegant, the blog could still show all the info needed.

Pity that you have to leave the IQ team, Colin.

6. Colin Blackburn says:

Thanks, Niall. It’s the time aspect of being on both the IQ and EV rosters. I’ll continue to do the Inquisitor, when I can get hold of a copy of the puzzle, and I’ll certainly continue to read the blogs.

7. HolyGhost says:

Happy to give blogging a go – once a month doesn’t seem too arduous. Let me know via “Comments” and we can be in touch. (HTML moderate, but definitely not nerdy.)

8. petebiddlecombe says:

Holy Ghost: delighted to add you to the team – but I’ll need e-mail details to contact you and to get you set up with the various permissions – so I do need the e-mail I mentioned. We’ve had one other volunteer so with you on board we’ll have made a gain of one blogger overall, which is good.