Posted by Handel on July 29th, 2010
We are proud to say that we raced through this one, and although we didn’t time ourselves, we had only drunk half of our pints before finishing it!
We really enjoyed this one, particularly 16 down, which was a great example of misdirection.
5. PLUG dd
9. MA R(I)ON
10. PA NICKED
11. AD(RO<)IT didn’t know ‘adit’, which turns out to mean the entrance to a mine
12. SAUTERNE (A tureen’s)*
13. ROMAN POLANSKI (iron man OK pals) topical…
15. DISTINGUISHED dd
18. S LOW DOWN
20. GLANCE dd didn’t know this mineral either
23. ASTUTE ‘U’ in an anagram of ‘state’
24. H ATE
1. B(LADDER)ED ‘ladder’ as in a ‘run’ in tights
2. UNI FORM
3. CONSTANTINOPLE (ancients on plot)*
7. gooGLE ANalytics. We liked this one
8. INSULATING TAPE (putting in a seal)*
14. IN DIC(t)ATOR
16. SAWDUST we really liked this one; ‘deal’ is a general term for soft wood, hence there would be quite a bit of sawdust made cutting it
17. HEAR TEN
19. LEE< C.H.
22. COS dd