More Araucaria photos

Posted by jetdoc on February 21st, 2011

jetdoc.

I have uploaded my photos (+ one from Derek) of the wonderful lunch which took place at King’s College Cambridge on Saturday. I haven’t yet had time to add captions. If anyone has some more they would like added to the set, email me directly.

Araucaria lunch

13 Responses to “More Araucaria photos”

Very many thanks, Jane – super photos!

2. stiofain says:

great pics Jane the cake is brilliant!!

3. REGALIZE says:

Great photos of a great day. Thanks to all who arranged it.

4. Boatman says:

Re Page 3: I was only drinking water, though you wouldn’t guess it! The +1 is Mrs B, who was watching our neighbour using his ‘phone to solve a Guardian archive puzzle in his head.

Anyway, very nice to see all these photos. It really was a great day, wasn’t it? I lost track of the number of times people mentioned joy and inspiration. Warm feelings all round.

5. Sil van den Hoek says:

Jane, thank you for making us – the unlucky not-so-few – part of the celebration.
    Nice pictures.

In case I could have managed to get a ticket, the festive occasion would also have reminded me of how knot a tie [or is it the other way around?] …..
    When I was 20, no problem, but now I’m almost 60, no idea ….

That said, I cóuld have come to The Eagle spontaneously, but I didn’t.

And, Boatman, I really would have liked to meet you.
    Maybe next time? Somewhere, somehow.

6. Jan says:

Very good, Jane, thank you – what lucky, lucky people. Araucaria looks so young! I don’t get the significance of the wee folk sitting on the edge of the cake?

7. jetdoc says:

The wee folk were Compo and Nora Batty from Last of the Summer Wine. But I never quite picked up Araucaria’s connection with the programme.

8. Jan says:

Thank you, Jane. My hubby, looking at your pics, insisted it was Compo – I told him not to be silly! There you go. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

9. jetdoc says:

Jan, you also asked about the singers. They are Collegium Regale, made up of the Choral Scholars of King’s:
    Collegium Regale

10. Jan says:

Jane, thank you again.

11. Boatman says:

Sil – Yes, you should have been there! Follow me on Twitter @BoatmanCryptics, if you don’t regard Twitter as the province of numskulls and idlers (or at least have the self-control to read only the tweets of interesting numskulls and idlers) and I may occasionally give hints that serious Boatman spotters may be able to use to track me down in public.

12. Sil van den Hoek says:

Boatman, if you really want to ‘twitter all the way’ (which could make ‘that water lily wet’ :)), fine by me. I do not, though.
    Never had any kind of believe in personal Whatever.
    Walkman, discman, mobile phone, etc etc.
    Had them all, but.

What about having a pint somewhere?
    I know, it’s a bit face to face, but ah well.

BTW, like your website – discovered it a while ago.
    And I still treasure your Dead End Street crossword.
    Yes, that’s how my mind works – quality, not just quantity.

Oh, and btw Jane, nice pictures … :)

13. jetdoc says:

Back to the cake — Last of the Summer Wine is one of Araucaria’s favourite programmes, and he was taken on a special tour of Holmfirth.