Sloggers and Betters (London) 8

Posted by Admin on April 30th, 2011

Admin.

The next Sloggers and Betters (London) get-together will take place on Tuesday 24th May. The venue will be the Ship and Shovell under Charing Cross Station and it is expected that the early birds will start gathering at around 4pm.

The event is open to all, bloggers, setters, commenters and lurkers, and as it’s also being announced on the Times and Telegraph blogging sites there should be a good cross-section of cruciverbalists present.

If you hope to attend please indicate this in a comment so that the organisers can get an idea of likely numbers.

15 Responses to “Sloggers and Betters (London) 8”

1. Orlando says:

Count me as one of the early birds.

2. flashling says:

I expect to be there about 5 as work is only 5 minutes away.

3. Robi says:

I’ll try to get there but might be late.

4. Andrew says:

I hope to be there – probably about 6 or 6.30.

5. Cosafina says:

I’ll try to come, but don’t finish work till 6pm or later…

6. Sil van den Hoek says:

Try to be there too, but the time depends a bit on how bad my students need me for their Stats exam that week.
    In any case I won’t be an early bird.
    Yet, look forward to it!

7. Mick H says:

Will be there at some point, but it may be late depending when I finish work.

8. nmsindy says:

I’ll be at this – should be able to get there by 4pm.

9. anax says:

Count me in too – not sure what time the Times lunch finishes but it should see me as another Ship & Shovel early bird.

10. Prolixic says:

I hope to be there. As I work fairly close by, I should make it between 5:30 and 6:OO.

11. jetdoc says:

The Ship and Shovell has quite a complicated layout. John and I will be going for a recce on Tuesday evening, and will report back on which bar to come to.

12. Handel says:

Difficult. Annoyingly Tuesday is our pub quiz night in Vauxhall. Should be able to pop in after work for a swift one at any rate.

13. anax says:

Bah humbug – scuppered plans. My band borrowed a lighting rig from our drummer’s other band when we gigged on Friday. They need it back for a gig of their own later this week and Tuesday afternoon is the only time the man is at home to take delivery. As a result I wouldn’t be getting into London until about 7pm. Annoyed.

14. Wil Ransome says:

Intend to be there. Look forward.

15. Jon C says:

Ill be there, soon after five I hope