Help please – 15² on mobile browsers

Posted by Admin on August 2nd, 2011

Admin.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems that comments can be viewed on some iPhones but not others. By coincidence, another WPtouch update was released today (4th Aug) and I have just installed it (circa 1800 BST). I also altered one or two of the settings but these should not affect the display of comments.

Please let me know via a comment below if the problem has been resolved by this latest update. If it hasn’t I will pursue the matter further.

Original message:

A comment was posted earlier in Site Feedback as follows:

“Has there been any changes to the WPTouch theme that is used to display the site on mobile browsers such as the iPhone?  For the last week, the summary of each blog is shown, you can tap to view the full entry but, when you click on the arrow at the end of the main blog entry to read the comments, nothing happens.”

I do not have the means to check how 15² appears on a mobile browser when WPtouch is being used but I have received confirmation that there are no problems on an Android phone.

If anyone else uses an iPhone, or similar, to access 15² would they please indicate in a comment below whether they have a similar problem or if everything is working satisfactorily.

Thanks.

14 Responses to “Help please – 15² on mobile browsers”

1. twencelas says:

Exactly the same happens with my Palm Pre (HP’s web OS) – you can read the blog but click on the comments and nothing happens. I think it started when the WordPress software was updated, as it used to be fine.

2. Abby says:

Looks ok to me on my iPhone. I read comments on an entry earlier and the one above mine just now.

3. riccardo says:

I have had the same problem intermittently on my HTC (Android) phone

4. mikel says:

works great on my iphone too

5. Nick says:

Comments work fine for me on my iPhone. Does turning the iPhone to landscape mode make any difference?

6. David says:

The comments work on my iPhone if I access the website through Safari, but they have stopped working through NetNewsWire.

7. duncan says:

comments not visible on iphone, good on android.

8. David says:

And today the problem seems to be fixed – ie. The comment link in my newsreader Netnewswire is working again.

9. AJK says:

I thought it was just me. I can’t open the comments with my iPhone 4.

10. Michael Callaghan says:

I am still having the same problem. It seems that any of the links with a arrow in it will not open when you click on it. This includes the links to comments on posts and also the drop down page selector at the top of the page.

11. Molly says:

Working perfectly on iPhone 3S using Safari browser and latest operating system.

12. Andrew says:

No problems for me on iPhone 4 + Safari.

13. Graham Axtell says:

I access 15squared on an iPhone 4 but can’t access comments or switch from mobile view to classic view as nothing happens when I hit the relevant buttons. Any ideas if this can be fixed?

14. Gaufrid says:

Hi Graham @13
    As indicated in my original post, and confirmed in the subsequent comments, the WPtouch plug-in appears to work correctly with some iPhones but not others. This, to me, would indicate that the non-display of comments etc is down to a setting, or settings, on a particular phone. Unfortunately I don’t have the necessary hardware to check this out.

I spent several hours back in August, and again today, reading WPtouch related threads at the WordPress support forum but unfortunately none of them contained anything relevant to your problem, though I did get the impression that, when using a mobile, the best results are achieved by accessing websites via Safari.