Beelzebub 1,139 – the Correct Puzzle

Posted by Simon Harris on December 19th, 2011

Simon Harris.

My original post here suggested that yesterday’s Beelzebub was unfortunately printed with an incorrect grid. However, and with thanks to commenters for the clarification, it turns out that while the grid was correct, the printed clues were from a later puzzle.

So for those of us who can’t wait for our next fix, here is the real Beelzebub 1,139:

Beelzebub 1,139

Many thanks to the editor himself for making this available to us.

7 Responses to “Beelzebub 1,139 – the Correct Puzzle”

1. Conrad Cork says:

Gee thanks Simon. I tried the graph paper way but only got about half way through.

2. Conrad Cork says:

I should add that I’ll have to throw all my answers away because this is a completely new puzzle. The clues and grid match, but they aren’t the clues that were printed yesterday.

IAC I can’t use the link because my machine hangs as soon as the puzzle is displayed.

3. Conrad Cork says:

Further to the frustration described above, would anyone be prepared to email me the pdf? A glass would be raised in their honour.

4. eimi says:

I didn’t get the IoS yesterday. Can you let me know the first clue printed yesterday please?

5. Dormouse says:

The first clue as printed yesterday was “Germany certainly recalled China as source of purgative (5).

What is at the other end of the link is the clues for the grid printed yesterday, not the grid for the clues.

Don’t know why it is, but whenever the wrong grid is printed, I seem to solve it quicker.

6. eimi says:

Thanks. That’s the first clue of 1140, so anyone who did manage to solve it has a head start, I suppose

7. Dormouse says:

Presumably no paper next week, so that will appear on New Year’s day. Maybe I should send in the answer now.