Northern Sloggers and Betters: 21st April 2012 Todmorden

Posted by tilsit on April 10th, 2012

tilsit.

Just to update you on events for next week.

The venue for the meet Bramsche Bar is now booked and tables reserved.  The new menus should be on the website  (http://www.bramsche.co.uk/) and they are looking forward to meeting everyone.  We’ll be there from about 11:30.   There’s an interesting Wetherspoons called The White Hart just around the corner if you are early, or you could take in the Market or some of the other sights.  energetic people may wish to go and climb Stoodley Pike, or stroll along the canal.

It will be lovely to see chums old and new and there are one or two surprises planned.

Tickets are still available for the George Borowski concert the night before at Walsden Cricket Club about 3/4 mile away (not Tod CC).  Again let me know, and I can reserve seats for you.

Hope to see you all there!

9 Responses to “Northern Sloggers and Betters: 21st April 2012 Todmorden”

1. Colin Foster says:

Hi Tilsit

I’m still able to come.
    Look forward to meeting you on 21st.

Regards
    Colin

2. Tramp says:

Hi Dave

I hope to make it.

Neil

3. Sylvia says:

Hi Tilsit! Only just noticed this northern get-together and would love to come if it’s not too late? Was at the last Manchester and Derby events and would have kicked myself if I had missed it.

4. Sylvia says:

Hi Dave,

Please count me in. How many are you expecting? Venue looks great!

5. John Appleton says:

The surprises sound interesting. Looking forward to it.

6. Tyrus says:

Thanks for organising this, Dave. Should be able to get there.

7. Samuel says:

Hi Dave

Being a north-dweller would love to come, but unfortunately clashes with my birthday – for which there are other plans, apparently. Hope you all have a good time, and hope to see you at the next one.

Chris

8. John Appleton says:

Thanks for organising this, Dave, and I’m still wondering – did you choose Bramsche because it’s and anagram of Chambers?

9. Sylvia says:

John, that’s wonderful. Never realised that. I was taken with the name and surprised to find it was opposite Bramsche Square,probably because it transpires that Todmorden is twinned with the town of Bramsche. And many thanks, Dave. Lovely people, and I can’t wait till the next one!