Sloggers and Betters (London) – 30th May

Posted by Admin on May 16th, 2012

Admin.

The annual lunch for Times setters is taking place on 30th May and this will be followed by a Sloggers and Betters get-together in The Town of Ramsgate (62 Wapping High Street E1) from 4:30pm onwards. All welcome.

10 Responses to “Sloggers and Betters (London) – 30th May”

1. nmsindy says:

I will attend this and look forward to meeting everyone.

2. Mick H says:

Apologies, I will be out of the country. Next time. Have a good one.

3. Robi says:

Hopefully, I will get there.

4. steve_m says:

If I can find a way of getting out of going to Portugal, I’ll be there. In reality, unfortunately I’m not going to make it.

I’ve bought my train ticket – looking forward to my first London get-together.

6. mhl says:

I hope we’ll come along too after work on Wednesday.

7. Rorschach says:

What is the general format of these things? Is there any place for a lame solver with a fascination for crosswords?

8. Gaufrid says:

Hi Rorschach
    Unforunately I’ve not been able to attend one myself but my understanding is that it is simply a informal, social get-together where setters and solvers can chat to each other over a pint or two.

I’m sure you will be made to feel welcome if you do decide to attend.

9. nmsindy says:

Yes, I can confirm, having been at a few of these gatherings in London, Derby, Birmingham, it’s exactly as Gaufrid says – a chance for setters, bloggers, and solvers to talk about their shared interest.

10. Paul B says:

I hope he’s not a testy sort of fellow … sorry. I just like bad jokes.