Calling all S&Bs in the Birmingham area

Posted by jetdoc on November 16th, 2012

jetdoc.

Enigmatist, Nimrod, Io, Elgar and I (so two of us) will be in Birmingham for a Steve Harley concert on the evening of Saturday 24 November, and we’ll be around all day (arriving Friday evening). If anyone living locally would like to meet up during the day to solve puzzles over a pint or two, that would be great.

We were thinking of The Old Joint Stock, but welcome suggestions for alternatives. We’ll be staying at a hotel near the Jewellery Quarter, and don’t want to be too far away from that.

If you get totally fed up with trying to reply to this message via this site in its current state, contact me directly or via the Crossword Centre’s message board, where I have also started a thread.

5 Responses to “Calling all S&Bs in the Birmingham area”

1. John H says:

That’s Friday 23rd/Saturday 24th, BTW.

J

2. SteveM says:

As luck would have it I’m in Birmingham that morning so I’ll be there what time are you planning to start ?

3. allan_c says:

Shucks! I’ve got a prior engagement in Derby that day; but one consolation is that it’s at the Brunswick.

4. jetdoc says:

John will probably be in the pub pretty much as soon as it’s open, as that’s his office for the day (not, of course because he’s trying to get as many pints in as possible). I’ll be there about 12:00.

5. Lancastrian Bluenose says:

The Wellington in Bennett’s Hill is a real ale gem. It is within 2 minutes’s walk of the Old Joint Stock( No food however).