Guardian – Puzzle/Clue of the Month – January 2013

Posted by Admin on January 31st, 2013

Admin.

Comment format:
Puzzle of the month: DATE, PUZZLE NUMBER, SETTER, LINK TO PUZZLE
Clue of the month: DATE, PUZZLE NUMBER, SETTER, CLUE NUMBER, CLUE

8 Responses to “Guardian – Puzzle/Clue of the Month – January 2013”

1. Mitz says:

Picking a puzzle of the month was a no-brainer. Can only be Araucaria’s poignant announcement on Friday 11th.

Picking just one clue out of so many was more problematic, as we have been terribly spoilt this month. Finally went for my favourite from Arachne on Friday 25th.

Puzzle of the month: 11-1-13, 25,842, Araucaria, Link

Clue of the month: 25-1-13, 25,854, Arachne, 15 down, “Engorged lower half of wildebeest upset another wildebeest (3-5)” BEE-STUNG

2. Bertandjoyce says:

We would whole-heartedly agree with Mitz in both the puzzle and the clue of the month.

3. Simon S says:

I agree that Araucaria’s announcement was terribly poignant, but does the puzzle qualify for Puzzle Of The Month as the Guardian reprinted it from the December edition of One Across?

Just curious, not critical :-)

Simon ô¿ô

4. newmarketsausage says:

Puzzle of the month
    4/1/13, 25,836, Picaroon

Sorry, don’t know how to do the link as Mitz has done it @1.

Clue of the month
    25/1/13, 25,845, Arachne, 15 down, ‘Pounding ingredients (11)’ TENDERISING

5. Blaise says:

I second newmarketsausage’s clue of the month.

6. rrc says:

PUZZLE OF THE MONTH MUST BE ARACAURIAS ANNOUNCEMENT – THAT CROSSWORD I WILL REMEMBER FOR A LONG TIME

7. paul8hours says:

These choices wouldn’t stand up in a court of law but they might survive a lie detector test -

Puzzle. Araucaria’s announcement 25,824 which rather ruined my birthday (but I recovered).
    Clue. 23.1.13 25,852, PAUL, 18A, HONEYMOONER.

8. Robi says: